Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Adoption Updates

There is not much to update everyone on right now but I thought that I would let you know something's that we are working on right now for the adoption. Right now are huge task is getting ready for our Adoption Garage Sale which is scheduled for April 16 & 17. We have already had so much donated. We are also working on putting together a small back sale for those days along with coffee & water for while you look around. We have been busy pricing, making signs and advertisements for this event. If you have any questions regarding the Adoption Garage Sale please look back and one of my past posts regarding the sale (there should be a flyer).
Also right now we are busy working on our Home Study Paperwork. Our doctor's appointments have now been scheduled and we are working on getting scheduled for an Infant CPR & First Aid class here in the next few weeks. Training is on the calendar scheduled for June in Seattle. I have started working on our portfolio book, which is a photo book that you put pictures in basically telling a story about who and what you are into as a couple, famalies, childhood pictures, etc...In this portion you are also given the task of writing two letters, one to the birthmother & one to the birthfather...the trick to this is that we each have to do this individually, which is kind of odd. I thought that we were doing this adoption "together"!?!?
We also almost have the nursery ready to go...I have already posted some photos in the past but I will have the latest ones hopefully here in a couple of days...waiting on my picture hanger "Brandon" to hang everything. I am not so good at hanging things straight for some reason :)
Anyway, we will continue to keep you updated and please feel free to leave comments or pass our blog along to someone else. The more people that know about our adoption process the more prayers & support...at least that is how we see it!!
F.Y.I - - Hopefully right after the garage sale I will be putting together a recipe book with the help of my family so sell to raise funds towards the adoption...if you are interested in donating recipes and/or purchasing one please let me know - - bkmulder@hotmail.com!!

1 comment:

Mama Mimi said...

You're coming right along there!! It always amazes me how much faster domestic adoption is (usually). When you guys come to Seattle for that class, please let us know...maybe we can hang out and do dinner or something! It would be great to catch up and hear about the adoption process in person.