So this last week has completely been a whirlwind, I feel like we have not spent anytime at home lately except to sleep. Today I was finally able to stay home all day with my little guy, get caught up on laundry and now I am hanging out waiting for my mom to come over so I can work on my HUGE stack of paperwork and bills...ugh!!
We are adjusting really well to Westyn being here...he is such a precious, sweet little boy and seriously one of the best babies I know. He sleeps during the night really well and is now chugging down his bottles. He loves spending time with Daddy at night cuddling on his chest and we also found out he LOVES shopping with Mom & Gramma already :)!!!

Westyn chilling out on his playmat that we bought him...he seriously loves this thing. He spent about 45 minutes just looking and trying to touch everything. I think he could also see himself in the mirror, he was just fasinated with it.

We also had to sport the camo outfit with blanket this week...this is his famous pose - his puker face...mom just loves it!!

Hanging out in my carseat, going who knows where...

Yesterday we had Westyn's 2 week check-up with our doctor. I was really nervous about this appointment, one because we wanted to make sure he was growing and healthy and two because we knew this was the good ole circumcision and blood draw appointment. I usually do not do well in doctor's offices, hospitals, with blood or needles but let me tell you when your child needs you you are there!!! We are just hanging out in the doctor's office. My mom also went with to help out with the "little" things and let me tell you we needed her for dressing, changing, feeding, etc...

Our favorite doctor ever, Dr. Werner!! We absolutely love Dr. Werner and am so glad that Westyn gets to be one of his patient's too. This was the picture before Dr. Werner took him to the procedure room. Dr. Werner said that he didn't cry at all and then he decided once he was back with us and dressing him that we needed to scream, scream, scream. Then we were told that the lab was only open for another 10 minutes so with Westyn screaming we headed over there. I then have to hold him on a pillow still and hold his leg so that that lab technician could poke away at his little foot. He screamed some more, but keep in mind this was also feeding time. She after the torturing was over we sat in the lab lobby and fed him. He was them completely calm and sacked out the remainder of our shopping trip and day.
Ok so for the growth stats:
Birth Weight: 6 lbs 9 oz
Left Idaho: 6 lbs 8 oz
11 Days Old: 7 lbs 2 oz
Still 20" long but we know that will change soon.
Dr. Werner stated that he is a healthy precious little boy and we have nothing to worry about...just love on him, which we have no problem doing!!
14 comments:
Mom gets to see him again today!? Not fair! I need Westyn time too! :)
I am new to your blog but he is just precious! So glad the drs. appts went well!
Gosh, he is so precious. Congrats to you guys! I love growth stats, btw. :) I'm always amazed at how quickly they change and grow. Enjoy!
Precious, precious!!! So glad that he is doing so great!!!
How cute! I have been wondering how your week was going. Hopefully we will make it out your way again. I need to love on the little guy again.
Glad he's doing so well! Love the camo!!
Glad to hear things are going well! Jaxon has a play mat as well and is in LOVE with it!! He has so much fun playin :)
Above his birth weight at 11 days old is great! He is doing so well. And seems like you are, too!
I can't believe he was actually bigger than Andie was at her 2 week apt! He looked so small when I saw him that day!! (Andie was 7lbs 1oz, 19.5 in) haha so pretty much the same size : ) Glad to hear you're all done w/ all that! The first apt is always the worst w/ the blood work! Hope to see you again soon!
A wonderful update on your little son. Kari..he is so cute! I love the pucker picture with his little hat on. I can't imagine your happiness with him home.
He is so adorable! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a day at home with him...and I'm loving his brown crotchet hat!
Oh he is PERFECT Kari! His growth is amazing already - you must be doing SOMETHING right! =) Glad to hear you are adjusting to mommyhood well {I KNEW you would} and I hope it continues to go smoothly.
Sounds like you all are adjusting well! That's awesome on the weight gain. The circumcision is no fun, A&D ointment will become your friend :)
I love the little picture of Westyn you added at the top of your blog! He is so adorable. :)
Post a Comment