Just a quick update on Brandon...continue to check back for more as things progess (or when I have time).
If you haven't heard yet Brandon is at Harborview Hospital in Seattle...he had surgery today to amputate his right hand following a firework explosion. He has minimal pain at this time and looks like we may be going home tomorrow if pain still is low. Currently my family (including Westyn) and Brandon's parents are in Seattle with him. It has been a hard 24 hours with no sleep, hardly eating and images running through our minds. I am not sure what the next days, weeks & months hold but I know that God already has it figured out. Brandon has along extensive road ahead with therapy, prostatics and orthopedic hand appointments but we are going to take the best possible care we can of him and come back to Seattle for further care. Brandon has high spirits right now which is a plus. Please continue to pray for our family, for sleep, peace and a clear mind as we figure out what is ahead for our family. Pray for peace for Brandon due to worrying about work, Westyn and me. Life is a rollercoaster but we know God has our final destination in mind. Please just continue to pray and we will update as soon as we are able.
21 comments:
Oh my GOSH Kari!!! I hadn't heard! Thank you JESUS he is alright and it was just his hand...but thinking of you (ALL of you) and keeping you in our prayers during this difficult time. It will be a long road to recovery, I'm sure...but with HIM all things are possible. Keep us updated please.
Praying for you guys! Let me know if there is anything I can do! I wish I could take Westyn for you. Love you guys!
We are praying for you and have been worried about what happened. We would love to help with a meal or whatever may be needed. Your positive spirit is going to be so huge in this road to recovery and what God has planned for your future.
You have been on our minds today. Thanks forthe update.
I'm so sorry Kari. I can't imagine what you guys must be going through right now.. Glad to hear Brandon doens't have too much pain..If you need anything let me know. I'll watch Westyn anytime if you guys have doctor apts and stuff! Just let me know! We're all praying for a fast recovery.
Kari, Brandon, and Westyn - I was so sad to hear of Brandon's accident. I'm praying for your precious little family and for a quick and painless recovery for Brandon. Hold onto the peace and understanding that only God can provide. I know you know he's there with you every step of the way. Hugs to all of you. Hang in there.
Tammy
Oh my gosh, Kari! I am so sorry. Praying for you all.
I am so sorry to read this, but please know I am praying for all of you! I don't know your family but have been following your blog for quite some time.
Continuing to pray...
You are in our thoughts and prayers!!
Dave & Trish Anker & kids
Praying for you and your family! I'm so sorry.
We're praying for you here too.
Love from Steve and Sherree
You all are in our thoughts and prayers.
Dear Brandon,Since I have known you, you take life as it is dealt. We will pray for you and your family and remember that to stay strong and walk with God. Blessings. Gerrit P. Van Weerdhuizen
I am so, so sorry to hear of this news! I will be praying for all of you!
oh my! Keeping you guys in my prayers!
So sorry to hear of this!! Your family is in my prayers!
praying!
Oh my gosh, that must have been so scary!! Praying for a quick recovery. You are right- God is in control!
Praying for Brandon and your family.
Billie Watts
We are so sorry to hear about the accident. You're in our thoughts and prays. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
I am so sorry to hear about Brandon's accident. You all will be in my prayers. Is there anything I can do?
Jenny
Post a Comment